Conti-Kit on Cutlass (( bolt that sucker on ))

Status
Not open for further replies.

El-Fantasma

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
anyone have frame by frame pics or knowledge on what they did to install one of these?
the kit i have comes off of a 90s caddilac, so it has the cads bumper lines still on the bucket of the kit.

now, i understand you cut down the plastic on the bumper of the cutlass, but do you simply bolt on the kit? or cut the bucket even more?

El-Fantasma

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
Heres an example;
ttop009un8.jpg

illregal82

Master Mechanic
Jul 4, 2006
MINNEAPOLIS
you want to have a custom bracket type block made and welded to the 5th and grade 8 bolts through the bumper . find a machine shop . you dont want to CUT any plastic that would look like sh*t . i have thought long and hard about putting a 5th on . i am building a lowrider . i had gotten my hands a solid caddy 5th the one with just fiberglass and a caddy emblem . i changed my mind and sold it on ebay made like 200 off it them things are gold on there mine went straight to texas .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor