Convenience Center access (seatbelts, key buzzer)

brrian

Master Mechanic
Jul 7, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
I finally got back to this. My seatbelt light worked when I got the car, then didn't work at all for months, and is now intermittently lighting up again. The seatbelt buzzer doesn't work. The lights on and key in chime both work properly. I bought a new (NOS) chime box & installed it. There was no change with the seatbelt light or buzzer, but neither the light or key chimes worked, so I think maybe it wasn't new. So, I took it out & put the original back in (and fixed the speaker so it's factory loud now).

Now I think the chime box isn't the issue. The service manual shows a separate "Ignition key warning buzzer", and I found something online that looks like it. The service manual also shows a "Seatbelt timer buzzer", circled green below. Maybe that's the issue? But there's no part number in the service manual, and I can't find anything online. And I can't see anything in the car... this crap's all tucked up in the corner.

Any chance that anybody knows anything about this seatbelt timer buzzer thing?

inconvenience 2.png

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I finally got back to this. My seatbelt light worked when I got the car, then didn't work at all for months, and is now intermittently lighting up again. The seatbelt buzzer doesn't work. The lights on and key in chime both work properly. I bought a new (NOS) chime box & installed it. There was no change with the seatbelt light or buzzer, but neither the light or key chimes worked, so I think maybe it wasn't new. So, I took it out & put the original back in (and fixed the speaker so it's factory loud now).

Now I think the chime box isn't the issue. The service manual shows a separate "Ignition key warning buzzer", and I found something online that looks like it. The service manual also shows a "Seatbelt timer buzzer", circled green below. Maybe that's the issue? But there's no part number in the service manual, and I can't find anything online. And I can't see anything in the car... this crap's all tucked up in the corner.

Any chance that anybody knows anything about this seatbelt timer buzzer thing?

View attachment 220241
There could be a chance it's in the seatbelt buckle. The original one for my Monte ended up having an issue inside the buckle where the contacts are & bacisly grounded out the circuit not allowing the buzzer to sound. No matter which buzzer I used it was quiet when plugged in but worked when jumped. If the seatbelts were actually used regularly the contacts could be worn or having some other means of completing the circuit. Don't think they expected them to last over 40 years.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor