conversion help... tpi to carb

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all, im kinda stuck in a rut.. i just purchased a chevy 350 that has a tpi setup, and im kinda on a budget for my car at a moment i need help converting it to a carborated engine, i have a holly 750 cfm carb but no intake manifold, by the way its for my cutlass, also what parts of the wiring harness do i keep from the cutlass besides alternator and a/c do i need any other parts of that harness? thanks and every litlle bit of help is appreciated. also if anyone has any emblems for he euro clip for sale or 14" trim rings or center caps please let me know thanks 🙂

Chris, you gotta tell us more about your engine to get some decent answers. I also think you won't be able to use the 750 carb unless you have a really good cam, headers, gears etc. :lol:...................... mickey-d :lol:

chriscutlass said:
hi all, im kinda stuck in a rut.. i just purchased a chevy 350 that has a tpi setup, and im kinda on a budget for my car at a moment i need help converting it to a carborated engine, i have a holly 750 cfm carb but no intake manifold, by the way its for my cutlass, also what parts of the wiring harness do i keep from the cutlass besides alternator and a/c do i need any other parts of that harness? thanks and every litlle bit of help is appreciated. also if anyone has any emblems for he euro clip for sale or 14" trim rings or center caps please let me know thanks 🙂

its a chevy 350 4 bolt main that came outa my friends 87 trans am gta, its bone stock, im thinking of puting in a cam from comp cams, but the thing is it has a tpi setup that i kinda wana keep the cutlass carbd. i dont have the block numbers yet cause its still in the t/a. and it has a 700r4 trans that i may be interested in puting in the cuty, also has 3.73.1 gears in the rear, im also gona be putting on headers but im new to this kinda stuff, do i need to buy g body headers? from summit cause the have a couple sets that i was lookin at and i really appreciate all the help that anyone can give me lol this is my first engine swap and upgrade.

the 750 holley will work just fine, the cam is also a good idea god knows whats in that lame tpi motor. You'll need a manifold, check out edelbrock for a few choices, I recommend an rpm air gap for the best streetable power. Call comp cams to get a good cam recommendation. When it's all done you should be able to hit this thing with a 50-75 shot nitrous without problems. Have fun

this will help:
http://www.thirdgen.org/carbswap

If you want engine swap specific headers, upgrade the engine mounts if you haven't already. You'll also be happier with the overdrive transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor