Coolant Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdubs482

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 10, 2010
So today I cam out and found a small puddle under my car. I was pissed thinking it was oil but after looking under the car its coolant. The coolant is leaking slowly but its dripping from the little nipple from the bottom of the rad from the driver side. I looked all over the rad and coudnt see any leaks on the faces of the rad and it seems dry near the corner where its leaking. Im stumped. New to this so any ideas what it could be? :oops:

86 regal

Greasemonkey
Oct 23, 2009
Hanover, NM
could be something as simple as the drain isnt tight or one of the hoses is loose or has a crack, i'd chesk that first. Hopefully its nothing serious!

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
86 regal said:
could be something as simple as the drain isnt tight or one of the hoses is loose or has a crack, i'd chesk that first. Hopefully its nothing serious!
X2 Try and pressure test it....

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
i started my car today and it has a leak, turns out i forgot to tighten the rad cap all the way lol :blam:

78 salon

Greasemonkey
May 3, 2009
Brookfield, Ill
Before you rent a pressure tester, just run the car for a while,getting up to operating temp. Then shut it off, crawl underneath and start looking. As far as press. testing, go to local auto parts store, rent a coolant system press. tester. Replace your rad. cap with 1 in kit. Pump up coolant system to approx. 15lbs, watch gauge, see if it's bleeding down. If so, you have a leak somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor