Cooling fan info for the Maliwagon

Fatboy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 9, 2024
Arizona
Alright guys, again, I am new here so don't beat me up on this next question please.... So I want to get all the parts I need for my LS swap. I have some parts, but I don't have cooling fans. I want E-Fans... so the question here is, and I don't know if this has been asked before, what E-Fans fit right? LS1 fans?

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Fitting "right" depends on the Raidator used and your ability to build something.

Bunch of well documented sticky threads in this section from some of us who have done a bunch of LS Swaps, take some time to read them.

Reactions: 1 users

Fatboy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 9, 2024
Arizona
Fitting "right" depends on the Raidator used and your ability to build something.

Bunch of well documented sticky threads in this section from some of us who have done a bunch of LS Swaps, take some time to read them.
It will be a 3 or 4 row rad. Stock size, thanks for the info.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 user

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
A general rule of thumb is 2,500 CFM for a V8. If you're sticking to a relatively stock LS, then LS fans may fit the bill. If the HP is going to be increased I would lean toward 2-3000 CFM if you can.

By contrast, my 468 Olds BB is getting (2) 2000 CFM fans with a 195 ON / 185 OFF controller harness.

Hutch

Reactions: 5 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
So I just found this here...

Seems like those numbers are high but I will say the LT1 Fbody Fans absolutely move some air when they are on high, like leaves out from under the car. I've had them for years have yet to see my setup get over 205 on a HOT day.

RADIATOR.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

Fatboy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 9, 2024
Arizona
So I just found this here...

Seems like those numbers are high but I will say the LT1 Fbody Fans absolutely move some air when they are on high, like leaves out from under the car. I've had them for years have yet to see my setup get over 205 on a HOT day.

View attachment 233739
Nice…. Thank you for this. I’ll be looking into both of these as far as figment. Thank you again.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
The F-body LS1 fans should work well with our cars. The fitment shouldn't be an issue.

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I too need to change out my electric fans. From what I’m seeing on that thread that was posted, LT1 fans are the way to go. It gets mighty hot here in AZ and my fans struggle to keep that 383 cool. What vehicle should the LT1 fans come from? I’ll open up a new thread for some help wiring them when I pick up the fans.

Reactions: 2 users

Fatboy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 9, 2024
Arizona
I too need to change out my electric fans. From what I’m seeing on that thread that was posted, LT1 fans are the way to go. It gets mighty hot here in AZ and my fans struggle to keep that 383 cool. What vehicle should the LT1 fans come from? I’ll open up a new thread for some help wiring them when I pick up the fans.
I’m also in Arizona. I’m looking at 98-02 F-Body fans. I haven’t measured anything, I think my buddy still has his OE fans in his car so I’m gonna measure first before I buy any.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor