26”x 23”? H between the headers is definitely 26”
So what I found for a 79 v8 Malibu is 3 row
26 3/8 w x 17 1/4 h

Reactions: 1 user

88AZSS

Master Mechanic
Mar 13, 2018
Mesa, AZ
I just completed the install of an efan setup. I got a fan assembly from a late 90s-ish Chrylser 300, which I believe is the same or similar to the Dodge Stratus fans. I used a Volvo fan controller/relay and a separate relay to control and power the setup. Used a BMW temp sensor and wired it all up to work together. Sounds like a bunch but its VERY simple. The temp sensor runs to the thermostat housing. Its made to give a signal when temp reaches 195 and 210 degrees. You can either wire it to turn on one then two fans, or low then high speed depending on your needs. This can be done without any computers or input otherwise - standalone. Im happy to share photos and give any pointers to OP or anyone else. Credit to those that have done this before, this wasnt my original idea but I've looked into it extensively and it works very well once I installed it.

Reactions: 2 users

Fatboy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 9, 2024
Arizona
I just completed the install of an efan setup. I got a fan assembly from a late 90s-ish Chrylser 300, which I believe is the same or similar to the Dodge Stratus fans. I used a Volvo fan controller/relay and a separate relay to control and power the setup. Used a BMW temp sensor and wired it all up to work together. Sounds like a bunch but its VERY simple. The temp sensor runs to the thermostat housing. Its made to give a signal when temp reaches 195 and 210 degrees. You can either wire it to turn on one then two fans, or low then high speed depending on your needs. This can be done without any computers or input otherwise - standalone. Im happy to share photos and give any pointers to OP or anyone else. Credit to those that have done this before, this wasnt my original idea but I've looked into it extensively and it works very well once I installed it.
Thank you Sir. I’ll be doing an LS swap, so I think for my application I’d be better off with the LS1 F body fans. Would be a lot easier to get working. I’d still be interested to see pics. Would be great for those running carb setups.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
As you can see in my pic, I'm using LT1 Fbody Fans with my cammed 6.0l setup.

The wiring and 3 Relay Setup is identical for both Fans, so don't limit yourself to them having to be "LS1" specific.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Fatboy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 9, 2024
Arizona
As you can see in my pic, I'm using LT1 Fbody Fans with my cammed 6.0l setup.

The wiring and 3 Relay Setup is identical for both Fans, so don't limit yourself to them having to be "LS1" specific.
I just happen to have a spare stand alone harness that is set up for LS1 fans, I just found it last night. Apparently I ordered 2 when we were setting up for my kids Ranger LS swap.. lol it just makes sense to use those for now. It will be a 5.3, nothing too crazy. I want more reliability and just some more power, so I wont be seeing any crazy temps.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor