Correct Me If Im Wrong But Ridiculously Over Priced

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats what id do also. forgot to put it in there but find a good fender and do all the prep work yourself and just have it painted. it should knock alot off the price. just make sure its straight before you take it to paint

doesn't maaco paint your whole car for something like $299? You could get a junkyard fender and have the entire car painted for cheaper than $700 I would think.
Just a view from a different angle.

maaco paints over whats already there, just a light sand to get it to stick. for 299 they dont fix anything so what you go there with is what you get back + shiny paint that will most likely have problems later on. you would have to do your own body work, get it all right then have them paint it. even then i wouldnt trust it to last.

madmaxstyle said:
doesn't maaco paint your whole car for something like $299? You could get a junkyard fender and have the entire car painted for cheaper than $700 I would think.
Just a view from a different angle.

:shock: ...i dont think id even want to see what a 300 dollar paint job looks like.

lol maaco. I got an estimate to do the cab of my japanese mini truck. sure the paint job is only 300 bucks but the body work etc took it up to 1k. Also they do not give warranty for peel etc if you do not bring the car down completely ready for paint. like remove door handles, trim, lights, chrome, bumpers, etc.

At $50/hr that $700 comes out to around 14 hrs of work. Seems like a pretty good deal to me. I know I couldn't fix it in 14 hrs and my time is worth more than $50/hr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor