Correct Throttle Bracket Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

mudpaws

Apprentice
Oct 26, 2010
Long Island, NY
Hey guys, I am completing my 80 Malibu V8 swap. Digging through my 25+ years of parts (pretty well organized, believe it or not) and I see I don't have the proper throttle/kickdown combo bracket.

My car is a 350, TH350 trans, Holley 1468 carb. The 3 brackets I DO have are the factory 229 V6 one (no good, makes cables too short); one from my 1992 350 block (designed for a 700R4 transmission so kickdown position no good); and last one is useless as it is throttle only (for a manual trans).

Which one works, and where should I get it? Thanks for help, pictures appreciated if you can...now back to the garage!

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Last edited:

MadMonte

Greasemonkey
Apr 18, 2015
York, Pa
I bought mine from Holley for 12.00. Part number 20-45

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 174

mudpaws

Apprentice
Oct 26, 2010
Long Island, NY
thank you guys...and thanks MadMonte, but yours is for the OD trans...I have a TH350. That Spectre piece I had in the mid-90s. I don't remember being happy with it, but maybe it's new & improved?

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I proposed the Spectre one since it connects to the carb base rather than the intake. Don't know what you have for an intake manifold, but the Vortec pattern is totally different and many of the old solutions won't work.

Also, the Spectre one will require a return spring bracket - you can get one separately.

If your pockets have more depth, this is an even better solution: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-210240/overview/ You will also need 210244.

bent1973

Apprentice
Jul 18, 2014
DFW
Which intake are you running? I just pulled my bracket yesterday and it mounted to the back two bolts on the drivers side of the intake. I may do some work on the car today I'll grab a pic or two and see if I can get a part number off of it. I'm running an Edelbrock 2701 intake.

Dayzedandkonfuzed

G-Body Guru
Feb 9, 2010
Anglemont, BC
EDIT for my original post, Trans-dapt 9620 is the one I use, also bolts to the base of the carb so theres no issues with different intakes. I had to modify mine slightly for the quadrajet carb but it works well.

I seem to remember having some issues with the edelbrock numbers I posted, plus the price wasn't very good.

mudpaws

Apprentice
Oct 26, 2010
Long Island, NY
I'm running the Edelbrock old-school 2101. I had that T-D piece, and I remember what I didn't like. It needed an adjusting "set-screw" to true/line it up with the side of the carb so it doesn't c*ck sideways. I checked a few of the guys' suggestions in this thread and it appears one of the brands added that.

bent1973

Apprentice
Jul 18, 2014
DFW
This is the one I used prior to the overdrive swap. Had a 2101 intake and mounted on the rear two bolts of the intake on the drivers side. Hope it helps.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor