Could Pontiac be coming back?!?

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Maybe it's a joke. Maybe it's a tease. All I know is that when I retired, and was finally able to buy a brand new Firebird, they were gone. I did not like the Camaro, or Mustang, the Challanger was cool, but I hate NOPAR. I wanted a Pontiac. If GM is serious, I am here with cash in hand for a new Firebird. Or maybe whatever they may have up their sleeve. Watch this video:

Reactions: 1 users

E84MC

Apprentice
Jan 10, 2019
I would like a comeback but why get rid of the Camaro to bring Pontiac back🤔

Reactions: 5 users

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Ever see what they did with the Camaro by putting Trans Am stuff on it? Why couldn't GM sell THAT?!?
s-l1600.webp

• Agree
Reactions: 7 users

E84MC

Apprentice
Jan 10, 2019
Ever see what they did with the Camaro by putting Trans Am stuff on it? Why couldn't GM sell THAT?!?
s-l1600.webp
Oh yeah and that this reminds me, what’s up with the 2024 chevelle ss what’s that all about?

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
Oh yeah and that this reminds me, what’s up with the 2024 chevelle ss what’s that all about?
I hadn't heard anything of a '24 Chevelle SS so I had to look it up. Apparently they come from Trans Am Worldwide with 450- 1,500 HP and a $175,000 price tag.

Reactions: 3 users

nycutlass

G-Body Guru
Jul 29, 2008
NY
how nice would it be to see a 1973 firebird come out new

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
From what I understand, the Malibu is going away to make room for a comparable EV. Perhaps GM, er, gm, didn't get the message.

Pontiac isn't coming back from the ashes. No Chevelle is coming back either. At least not from gm.

Too bad, they poke the pooch too much. There's just no demand anymore for old-school muscle aka retro-muscle cars from car companies. Sure, there's some motorheads still out there, but not enough to make it worth monetizing any longer. Most "kids" nowadays don't even understand the connection to the 60s/70s heydays since they were never in it to begin with.

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users

gnvair

Royal Smart Person
Sep 1, 2018
Southern New Jersey near Philly
As long as Mary Barra is in charge you will not see ANY new performance cars. GM has been so screwed up since she has been in charge. GM has yet to field any successful electric vehicles. The way the market has been trending, replacing the Malibu with a full electric is guaranteed to result in failure.
Right now, the only GM sedans that will be available with an internal combustion engine will be Cadillacs.
Pretty sad state of affairs if you ask me.
Even Mercedes has back tracked on going full electric. Ford and Toyota as well.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
450- 1,500 HP and a $175,000 price tag.
And a M-M-M-M-ANUAL TRANSMISSION!?! WOWSERS!!! But why does it look like a Hot Wheels version? The Mustang looked like a Mustang. The Challenger looked like a Challenger. The GTO was a great car, but looked nothing like a GTO. Why can't GM stylists get it right?

• Winner

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor