Could you really order these options on a wagon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 5 speed was available as far back as '76-'77 in Cutlass Salon and Supreme with the 260. :wink:

As for wagons, I know of 2 '64 Chevy Impala Wagons with 409/4 speed from the factory and I use to pump gas in a new '65 Pontiac Bonneville wagon with ps, pw, p. seats, pb, p door locks, cruise, tilt/telescope 8 lugs, 421 H.O. which had Tri Power, bucket seats (leather), 4 speed and 3.90 gears. He towed snowmobiles up to NY from NC in the winter and his boat in the summer.

Blake442 said:
Jack, those slant-back '78-'79 442s were Chevy 305 powered, but I believe they had 4 speeds though a vast majority were equiped with automatics.
I don't think the 5-speed was ever available behind the 305.
==========================================================================================================
Thanks Blake. It probably was a 4-spd rather than a 5-spd. I knew there was something unusual about the car other than the fastback body design. Maybe the 305 Chevy..Nothing surprises me about GM. Olds engines in Cadillacs, Chevy motors in Oldsmobiles, etc. etc.

I also didn't think 5-spd's were available in other than Monzas, Skyhawks, etc. back then. Of course as G-body Vet mentioned that 5-spd's were available in mid '80's F-body cars.
I have a friend that had an '80's Camaro, 4-spd with a 4 banger in it. I thought that was an unusual. I never saw another one like it.

Blake442 said:
Jack, those slant-back '78-'79 442s were Chevy 305 powered, but I believe they had 4 speeds though a vast majority were equiped with automatics.

I had a slant-back 442 with a factory 260, so its possible there was a 260/5-speed combo. Mine was an auto, and a slug.

breeaad said:
Blake442 said:

I had a slant-back 442 with a factory 260, so its possible there was a 260/5-speed combo. Mine was an auto, and a slug.
=======================================================================================================
It could have had the 260/ 5-spd combination. This was several years ago. I'm lucky I remember what I had for breakfast... :lol:
The car was in Washington state if I remember correctly.

I like the slant back cars. Alot of guys don't care for them much. I think they're cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor