Cragar Soft 8s

Status
Not open for further replies.
bigdan said:
cragar & AR makes some 17 x 8 with 4.5" back spacng that fits the cutlass

personnaly i`m going for cargar`s because they also make a 17x 9 for the rear
Dan

The bad thing is its only in with 5" backspace.

86CutlassUCF said:
i dont really like the chrome center caps and it looks like there just an empty hole if you dont buy it. Do they sell a black flat cap or does it come with anything to cover that hole? the car in the link and the cutlass dont look like they have a hole in them

That's the part that kinda sucks.

easy to fix :

shoot the cap with vynil wash primer or zinc chromate ,(to give adherence)then 2 coats of black...et voila !

Dan

only downside to these wheels are the weight : 40 pounds .....

youll say I dont care because I have 500 HP but any overweight is taking away some performance ....(even on handling«)

Dan

if stock height no issue ....
if dropped , there may be some rubbing on the outer front fender lip,in some situations
Dan

bigdan said:
only downside to these wheels are the weight : 40 pounds .....

youll say I dont care because I have 500 HP but any overweight is taking away some performance ....(even on handling«)

Dan

you always want to lessen sprung weight and the difference between heavy wheels compared to light wheels is immediately noticeable...and no matter how much HP you have why would anyone want to waste it turning heavy mass weight....

pontiac gcp , I second this ...

perfect example : bought a 2008 Kia Rio .put some 15" lite konigs wheels on ..kept same gas mileage
friend bought same car ,put some 17" heavy wheels on, lost half of fuel consumption .
and ca has harsh comfort
Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor