Crane cam 1.72 Roller lifters.

Gbrick

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 30, 2021
Sup y'all.

Okay, so I have these 1.72 roller tip lifters from Crane Cams I got from some swap meet in Hamilton Ontario.

I want to install them, but truth be told I don't know much about this or if it will be to much for my application.

I have a 350 SBC claimed to be bored 30 over, with vortec heads with a decent sounding relatively lumpy cam.
(Would describe as a "mild cam".)

The springs I'm pretty sure are honey comb style.

I want to put these on.....

1. I don't know how to do it, but want to learn.
2. I want to know what problems I'm looking at or if even possible to install.
3. If the install / upgrade is possible, what else do I need to adjust or do to make it work optimally. Fuel pressure/ carb adjustments so on and so forth.

Thanks for any help/ advice. This forum has always been great and very knowledgeable people. Please excuse any lack of knowledge in advance on my part.

Thank you kindly.
received_1182124089593766.jpeg
20240918_112628.jpg
20240918_112632.jpg
received_7408723879240441.jpeg
20240918_112650.jpg

The springs I'm pretty sure are honey comb style.
They call those springs "beehive" because of their shape. Still bee related I guess though.

Reactions: Rktpwrd
Unless you KNOW what configuration the engine is, you will have no idea of valve/piston timing and clearance without removing the head and checking.

Since you have no idea of what the cam profile is, just slapping on bigger ratio rockers is risky business, IMO.

Fitting issues, geometry issues, valve spring issues, piston to valve clearence issues.... nope, nope, nope AND nope.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor