Crazy NOS Placement A MUST READ

Status
Not open for further replies.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
I'll have to disagree. The only way to make more power is to move more air and fuel through the engine. Any kind of boost (N2O, turbo, or blower) will move more air and make more power. You really can't exceed 100% volumetric efficiency with a normally aspirated motor (yes, except with highly tuned induction and only in narrow RPM ranges). You CAN exceed 100% VE with N2O. Ultimately, the max available power is a function of VE, displacement, and max RPM.

that's only on race engines. most engines can be built for a high VE naturally and don't need NOS. many people build an inefficient engine and just add NOS to make up for it. or they build everything to handle NOS but could have gotten the same power by building it with the higher compression and efficiency for the same money. on race engines that have already been built to the max i can accept NOS but not on a street engine.

coolchrisp

Apprentice
Nov 26, 2007
Grosse Ile, MI / Lima, OH
Uncletruck said:
It would be interesting to see what would be if that system happened to backfire through the carb :eek:

-UT-

Nothing at all would happen, Nitrous is not flamable.... all it really does is super cool the oxygen and make it MUCH more dense so more air can go into the combustion chambers.

BUT ANYWAY

For hiding the bottles, in my 80 monte i am going to put them on the rear shelf in the trunk and build a piece to cover it. Unless some one knows how the trunk is supose to be, they will never know they are there.

ryanwitski

Master Mechanic
Nov 5, 2006
OH
NOS is okay but boost is the way to go!

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
only 1000hp on the street, ya' gotta love it!

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
If I had the money, I'd seriously consider a Toyota Supra's 2JZGTTE (3 liter Iron block L6 with a DOHC head and 2 turbos) as power for my Cutlass. Capable of stupid amounts of boost on the stock short block, many of them have over 1,000 RWHP on street cars. Too bad they can't usually hook it all to the ground. The possible weight advantage over a SBC would make for a much better balanced car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor