Crazy NOS Placement A MUST READ

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBCMALIBUMAN

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 7, 2008
Colorado
Well I've seen many intresting nooks where people have kept ther NOS.
One of my favorites is the toolbox. In the back of a 1979 Chevy Malibu was a toolbox as you opended it it apeared to be just tools lift the tools out and theres your bottle. My next favorite story I found in a magazine article a guy had another Malibu wagon with hubcaps and babyseats. Well under the two baby seats hides to monstrous bottles. The last NOS story is very sneaky I asked this gut who had just ran a 12.60 all day his next pass was a 11.60 how he dropped off a second. He turns the nozzles from his windshield wipers down witch are the NOS lines, They piont toward the carb (doesent run with a arifilter) . Then he placed airtight airtight fender covers inside the engine bay finally he closes the hood and tapes of the engine with masking tape. The engine bay is almost completely airtight and NOS is floating around in your getting sucked in by your carb.

Thanks for looking

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
turns the nozzles from his windshield wipers down witch are the NOS lines, They piont toward the carb (doesent run with a arifilter) . Then he placed airtight airtight fender covers inside the engine bay finally he closes the hood and tapes of the engine with masking tape. The engine bay is almost completely airtight and NOS is floating around in your getting sucked in by your carb.
:bs: nothing personal but no

chevy94ss

Apprentice
May 23, 2006
owasso, oklahoma
If it had an air tight engine bay then how would he thing run for more than 5 seconds w/ no available air??? :?

SBCMALIBUMAN

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 7, 2008
Colorado
I agree that the story dose not seem true, first it is not completely airtight so it could get air. Second the last post is true your whole front end would be missing with a back fire. True or not true this is general discussusion something I heard

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
This is an oldy,but a goody.

Sneaky Pete bottle hidden in the front half of a tall cowl hood with jet aimed toward the carb.

The N2O is injected into sealed area under suction.

Wires were set into grooves cut in the fiberglass hood then covered with bondo.

One hood pin at the firewall was ground, the other was a isolated positive to a switch in the car.

The driver always seemed to be able to clip everyone right at the line.

He was protested and teched often.
They would pull him in, he would take off the hood and put it in the trailer.They would never find anything.

Did finally get caught.

Also have heard of N2O being plumbed into a passage on a Holley,but never saw it.

beeterolds

Master Mechanic
Dec 15, 2007
Cleveland ohio 44131
i like the tool box idea....but id run a the lines so they would look like vacuum hoses into the air cleaner assembly..so nobody could tell....

im not a fan of Nitrous tho....

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
my view on most NOS setups--if you built the engine right you wouldn't need it.
although i did love making fun of my boss because he kept blowing his race engine every weekend. waaaay too much NOS. :roll:

v8power

G-Body Guru
Aug 24, 2007
green bay WI
i hate NOS, it is a good way to junk your engine fast, unless you build your engine for it, which seems to be a waste of money because if you would stick the amount of money into a naturally aspirated engine you would go almost just as fast and not have to fill up a bottle all the time!!

[/quote]The last NOS story is very sneaky I asked this gut who had just ran a 12.60 all day his next pass was a 11.60 how he dropped off a second. He turns the nozzles from his windshield wipers down witch are the NOS lines, They piont toward the carb (doesent run with a arifilter) . Then he placed airtight airtight fender covers inside the engine bay finally he closes the hood and tapes of the engine with masking tape. The engine bay is almost completely airtight and NOS is floating around in your getting sucked in by your carb.
i agree, that story is a bunch of bs, no offense to you, and i do say that in all do respect.

joe_padavano

Royal Smart Person
Sep 13, 2006
Northern VA
v8power said:
i hate NOS, it is a good way to junk your engine fast, unless you build your engine for it, which seems to be a waste of money because if you would stick the amount of money into a naturally aspirated engine you would go almost just as fast and not have to fill up a bottle all the time!!
I'll have to disagree. The only way to make more power is to move more air and fuel through the engine. Any kind of boost (N2O, turbo, or blower) will move more air and make more power. You really can't exceed 100% volumetric efficiency with a normally aspirated motor (yes, except with highly tuned induction and only in narrow RPM ranges). You CAN exceed 100% VE with N2O. Ultimately, the max available power is a function of VE, displacement, and max RPM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor