cruise control

Status
Not open for further replies.

1980Gbody

Greasemonkey
Mar 17, 2007
Warren MI
i was wondering if u can just bypass the cruise control unit and run the speedo cable that goes from the unit to the trans just right from the trans to the speedo so i can get rid of that ugly unit sitting on my wheel well

79malibu

Master Mechanic
Jul 30, 2007
south dakota
speedo

dont know what they call it but i got a hookup deal that both lines plug in to so it still works. my dad got it when the cruise unit gears went out and i lost the speedo cause of it. i can take a pic if needed. looks like an awkward little disc gear box.

srercrcr

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2006
San Antonio, Texas
Plenty of GBodies didn't have cruise so you can do it.
Check the AZ site for the right cable w/o cruise.

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
imma put cruse control on my elky by getting a manual choke cable and connecting it to my throttle bracket and then running it to the dash haha! naw i wouldn't go through that much trouble, id just get some string and a clothes pin and use that. :lol:

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
you can order the single cable for non cruise cars. i think i paid about $30 from GM. the cable was actually slightly longer than the 2 piece w/link box that was in the car, but that made things easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor