Cup Holders

Status
Not open for further replies.

87GrandPrix

Greasemonkey
Apr 7, 2009
Michigan
What do you guys do about holding cups in your GBodies? I know my GP doesnt have anywhere except the center console which is dangerous when turning.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
That's what passengers are for! :lol:

I only take bottles with me in the 442, so I can secure the tops. Spills=bad.
A bottle of Mountain Dew fits nicely right inbetween the seat and console right by the seat belt.

As for the wagons, when I get a drink at a fast food place or something, I either balance it on the trans tunnel against the seat, or the best way to do it is to hold it with my crotch.

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
When I was driving around with no console in the car for awhile, I was using a roll of duct tape to hold the drinks :lol: It actually held the drinks pretty well.

monte olrac

G-Body Guru
Feb 11, 2009
Wichita damn Falls Tx.
I put them in the passenger seat and place the seat belt around them, works for me, as long as it's more than one. for a large single i place place it on the passenger side wedged between the back corner of the seat and the door. it leans a lil but it goes no where

dedub

Greasemonkey
Aug 18, 2008
N.C. Fort Bragg

billyjack

Master Mechanic
Mar 27, 2009
Western PA
When I would do my daily commute in my Camino, I just couldn't live without a good cupholder. Never found anything that fit the trans hump well and looked decent, so I made my own for the 60/40 bench. I bought a heavy plastic tumbler, upholstered it with leftover foam-backed headliner material, and riveted it to a strap of steel sheet about .060. I then bent an offset in the strap and screwed it to the seat pan, centered on the trans hump. Looks like it was there from the factory.
Bill

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
Rod Doors has some nice concealable cup holders, but they're expensive. Cheapest one is 70$

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
dan2286 said:
When I was driving around with no console in the car for awhile, I was using a roll of duct tape to hold the drinks :lol: It actually held the drinks pretty well.

LMAO, I've done that before and it does work pretty good.

dedub said:
This is what I bought, if your not a smoker it will suit you fine.
http://www.elcaminostore.com/product.as ... pt_id=7152
go to my link below and check out the 4th and 5th pic down, you will see a good shot of it.

That's pretty cool. Because some of these factory ashtrays are junk anyway. My old '85 Bonneville had the one that pulls out. But my Malibu doesn't. It just pushes down and pops open. IDK how many times I'vealmost crashed trying to put a smoke out.

1985Diablo

Apprentice
May 4, 2009
Brick, NJ
Cup Holder

Not sure its factory, My 85 has one just behind the shifter in the console.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor