Cupholder Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
those are the same ones gbodyparts.com sells, they look nice but meant for buick console and don't think they'll fit a cutlass

jchav62

Apprentice
Apr 15, 2014
New Mexico
dr78442 said:
Just an idea I used. Very inexpensive and holds water bottles ans soda bottle with no problem. When not in use it folds up and is out of sight. Small piece of lexan and a hinge. I made it for one bottle could be made longer for two bottles

I like that! Want to make another?

rose350

Greasemonkey
Nov 4, 2013
Illinois
I got mine at Autozone. It holds 2 44oz soft drinks. It slides down in between the console and passenger seat. I think I paid $8 for and it works great.

ken87cutlass

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 24, 2014
Evansville, IN
Here is what I did, sorry for the crappy photos. This was when I was deconstructing the car. Basically got a donor ashtray and screwed a small piece of wood to it. Used some small metal 90 angle brackets and fitted a top plate that was finished in close to the same color the plastic was and mounted the cup holders to it. They work great for cans and smaller cups, the 44 ounce big gulps will move around a little bit.

Mike P

Master Mechanic
Aug 7, 2009
Arizona
Unfortunately there was only room for one (but that works fine for me). Here is what I used, an appropriate sized hole saw and less than 5 minuets and it's in. You can see where it sits between the console and shifter.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Plastic-Cup-Hol ... 27eef89f91

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor