Custom Coils Springs or Coil Overs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuickBroke$

Greasemonkey
Aug 4, 2018
Phoenix AZ
So I’ve got an ‘85 Regal 6.0ls, 4l80e, turbo and want a little more lift in the front. I’ve gone from Moog 5606 to 5610 and gained a little, but would like another 1” or so. Moog says to call Coil Spring Specialties and have them make a set, but I’m on the fence.
I can either do that or go to a coil over and be able to adjust it right where I want it and possibly have some flexibility in the future, but I’ve never used them before.
Does anyone have any insight on the best route and maybe even a brand recommendation?
Only mods to the front suspension are Spohn uppers and Bilstein shocks. I do have Wilwood discs for the front, they’re just not mounted yet.

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• A5A8548B-B9D4-45C3-B041-014E68D0C0C2.jpeg
    A5A8548B-B9D4-45C3-B041-014E68D0C0C2.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 72

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
I've never had a set of springs made. But I do have coilovers and the adjustability is great! Got the spring weight I wanted, then set your ride height and that's it. Literally a 5 min job to adjust

Reactions: 1 users

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
Depending on what you want to spend could look into racing spacers. I think they make them for front. But like Streetbu said you’d probably like the coil overs better and with the adjustability you’re better off and can dial them to what you want.

Reactions: 1 user

BuickBroke$

Greasemonkey
Aug 4, 2018
Phoenix AZ
I've never had a set of springs made. But I do have coilovers and the adjustability is great! Got the spring weight I wanted, then set your ride height and that's it. Literally a 5 min job to adjust
So about how much adjustability do you have? Like how many inches? Also, whose did you go with? Thanks

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
So about how much adjustability do you have? Like how many inches? Also, whose did you go with? Thanks
Well, as far as how much I can't completely answer that. I took a wild guess as to the adjustment when I installed them, ride height was too tall, so I lowered the spring about an inch, which dropped the car about 1.75" If I had to put a number on it, I'd say you have darn close to eight inches of height adjustment.

I bought the RideTech front system with the HQ adjustable coilovers. Hurts once but even with 750lb springs, it rides SO much better than the cut lowering springs that I was using before.
I've heard great things about UMI coilover system too. Remember, if you get coilovers, you'll also need to get at least, lower controls arms.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor