Custom heater box pics??

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeezySupreme

Master Mechanic
Feb 3, 2011
I need a few idea on my heater box i wanted to take my A/C off and I wanted to know could you put a Grand prix or Elco heater box and put it on a 1980 cutlass or can i get a few pics for idea's??

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
TeezySupreme said:
I need a few idea on my heater box i wanted to take my A/C off and I wanted to know could you put a Grand prix or Elco heater box and put it on a 1980 cutlass or can i get a few pics for idea's??
Why would you want to do that? It's the same heater box. If you plan on eliminating the A/C. then why not look for a heater only box.

TeezySupreme

Master Mechanic
Feb 3, 2011
Longroof79 said:
TeezySupreme said:
Why would you want to do that? It's the same heater box. If you plan on eliminating the A/C. then why not look for a heater only box.

I searched every where but can't find one i've seen them in person but couldn't find on the internet. I was also told have to make one i have no experience at a with fiberglass so i'm not going to try it.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Yeah, I know that they're getting harder to find these days. A while back someone modified an A/C heater box to be used for heat only. He did get alittle creative with fiberglass, and it looked good, too.
He eliminated the A/C evaporator core.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Gbody Parts.com sells a non ac fiberglass heater box that gives your more clearance but you can still have heat if you want or you can find a factory gbody non ac box but they are not as common as with ac.

• Optimistic
Reactions: 1 user

TeezySupreme

Master Mechanic
Feb 3, 2011
I hope i can find something because the A/C heater box is a Big MF lol.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
TeezySupreme said:
I hope i can find something because the A/C heater box is a Big MF lol.
The stock non AC is just as big. Its actually closer to the valve cover than the one with AC.

1983regal

Master Mechanic
May 2, 2011
St. Louis MO.

Attachments

• 78-88_G-Body_AC_Delete.jpg
    78-88_G-Body_AC_Delete.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 2,890

TeezySupreme

Master Mechanic
Feb 3, 2011
1983regal said:
http://acdelete.com/pages/78-88_G-Body.htm Here is a fiberglass reproduction heater only box!

Yes, Thank you for this link.

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
I modified my AC box for more clearance,the AC was removed before I bought the Monte.It only works on Defrost,and I have it wired so it only blows on high speed.But it only gets used a couple of times a summer,so this suits me just fine.Heres a couple of pictures;
IMG_0429.jpg

IMG_0522.jpg

Firewall1stcoat002.jpg

BoltsHeater003.jpg

Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor