custom sub box!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dedbroadss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 30, 2010
I started a little project a few days back, and here's where I'm at so far. I wanted to find a way to put a sub in the trunk without losing TOO much of its useability, and here is what i came up with. 8)

38740_1467027830272_1070837537_1333399_4933421_n.jpg

12 inch, 1200 Watt kenwood sub,
Stuck right into the spare tire well 8)

38065_1467028110279_1070837537_1333405_5335807_n.jpg

It's come a longggg way since I took these pics, I just thought I'd share!

Looks like your making it work pretty nicely, kinda curious on how its going to sound with the low's. I'm not in any way the stereo guru but Is that sub spec out for small air space or do you think it might need more? Anyways I realy like the Idea, keep the pic's coming.

86Limited said:
Looks like your making it work pretty nicely, kinda curious on how its going to sound with the low's. I'm not in any way the stereo guru but Is that sub spec out for small air space or do you think it might need more? Anyways I realy like the Idea, keep the pic's coming.

Good point! That's actually something I didnt think of until towards the end of the installation. What I did to counter act the lack of air space was raise the sub up a few inches off the deck. Now it has just about the minimum reccomended space for the enclosure beneath the sub.

sweet! I was thinking of doing the same thing for a while...

MOAR PICS!!! :mrgreen:

I also installed 6x9's in the rear deck using 4x10 to 6x9 converters from dixiemontecarlodepot.com

39685_1467028310284_1070837537_1333408_1611075_n.jpg

fyi: the exact same adapters can be found on ebay, but for half the price. :roll:

I built a box for three 10-inch subs on the front shelf of the trunk. The subs faced rearward, and sounded great. Containing the subs to the shelf left plenty of room for the T-TOPS.

I also had four 12-inch subs, taking up basically the entire trunk, facing up. Those hit 142dB at one point. But that was a LONG time ago.

sick love to see g body system builds did u put any fiberglass inside the well to seal it off or did u just seal it off with the fat mat.. and btw how does the fat mat helped u so far ?

breeaad said:
I built a box for three 10-inch subs on the front shelf of the trunk. The subs faced rearward, and sounded great. Containing the subs to the shelf left plenty of room for the T-TOPS.

I also had four 12-inch subs, taking up basically the entire trunk, facing up. Those hit 142dB at one point. But that was a LONG time ago.
do u have any pics of ur previous builds ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor