custom sub box!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you'll like that Kenwood. I have the same one in my '87.

I can't remember off hand what the size of the box is (something like 24"x12"x16") but it ended up right on spec with the subs literature on air volume. I mounted mine on the trunk shelf in the center facing the rear seats and hidden by my amps.

I had two of these things when Best Buy had a buy one get one free thing going on. Was going to use both until I hooked up just the one and heard it. That was enough for me. lol

To make up for your lack of air space you should stuff it full of fiber fill.

thanks for the replys guys!

its come a long way since then, the trunk is done, finishing up the rest of the system now. ill upload some pics

61324_1521256105945_1070837537_1480535_1650722_n.jpg

kris_tol said:
sick love to see g body system builds did u put any fiberglass inside the well to seal it off or did u just seal it off with the fat mat.. and btw how does the fat mat helped u so far ?

well, just with the fatmat. and so far it seems to work great, it sounds outstanding. overall i think I went a little overboard with the matting, not really sure if its made much of a difference. it might reduce the rattles a bit, but not sure.

do u have any on the trunk lid i say put *ss much as u need alot of people put 2 or even 3 layers of deadning to retain spl keep from flexing u know

kris_tol said:
do u have any on the trunk lid i say put *ss much as u need alot of people put 2 or even 3 layers of deadning to retain spl keep from flexing u know

At the moment I dont have any on there, no. Thats a good thought though, I was considering doing that, but I wasnt sure if it would help or not. Maybe I'll give it a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor