juicedcutty

Greasemonkey
Nov 26, 2009
sin city
IMG_4415.jpg

rustedandweathered

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 21, 2012
after goin thru this thead it seems to me that only about 10% of these cars are "customs" most are "personalized" with nice paint and a set of wheels, but i'm old school and a "custom" car usually means that it has had some custom body work done like suicide doors or a chop top or maybe custom bumpers/roll pans,sh*t like that. pretty much anything that involes altering the origanol sheet metal is custom. a modified suspension like hydro's or a lift or lowered is sorta custom imo but doesnt make a car a "custom". just the same with "muscle car" style rides,a lowered stance and a built engine doesnt really qualify as "custom". and call me a hater or maybe it just cuz i'm "old" but not diggin the big wheel/monster lift thing. a mild lift,2"-3",with some 22's at the most looks decent on most G Bodys imo. but a 6"-13" lift with 28's or 30's is just rediculous and not well preportioned to the rest of the car. in my home town area of southest MI lifted cars have been around since the late 8o's(see my thread "before there were "dubs")back then they ran 15's with larger than stock tires to fill in the fender wells. dont get me wrong i love that this style has saved alot of cars from the wrecking yard,i just find it annoying that these cars are mostly done up just cuz these guys are tryin to one up each other with bigger and bigger wheels and cuz its all about who is spendin the most $ on wheels and stereos with no account for safety,practicallity,are style for that matter. just my 2cents.

Attachments

• Goodguys Columdus 2011 005.JPG
    Goodguys Columdus 2011 005.JPG
    565.5 KB · Views: 1,024
  • Goodguys Columdus 2011 004.JPG
    Goodguys Columdus 2011 004.JPG
    519.6 KB · Views: 1,023
  • 1317.jpg
    1317.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 1,028
  • 523.jpg
    523.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 1,026
  • MonteCarloChop.jpg
    MonteCarloChop.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 1,123
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor