Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim H

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 10, 2019
Prospect, PA
These are the ones you need....
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/oer-332648/

Cool project. Glad to see you aren't wasting time and money on a 4L60E. They are only useful in a completely stock application with no abuse, in my opinion.

Thanks, although I seem to enjoy wasting time on these mounts.
All these rookie mount mistakes, I did a v8 swap in an 89 camaro 15 years ago and must have just gotten lucky.
I didn't think to look into the plethora of small block mount options and combinations.

Summit sent me the correct Moroso mounts for a v8 G-Body, turns out they don't actually fit with the ls adapter plates. (I managed to get it in, but had to drop it in loose and bolt the frame pads in last, not exactly what I want in case of future service)
I decided to return them and go with the metaltek a buddy recommended and quit pissing around.

While I was at it I ordered the G-Force trans crossmember and CTSV pan.
There goes the budget, but the time I planned for fabricating the member is gone and I don't feel like hacking the frame for the F-Body pan.

I would upload some pictures, but it would be trying out 12 engine mount combinations that ALMOST work.
Next week I'll have something to show.

Reactions: 1 user

Tim H

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 10, 2019
Prospect, PA
Crossmember came in Friday and the mounts this afternoon.
Dropped a bare block in and these things are nice. Will put the complete engine in to confirm but it looks like i should have plenty of adjustment to get everything fitting and happy.
20190629_212354.jpg

20190629_223622.jpg

20190629_231016.jpg

20190629_233653.jpg

20190629_234407.jpg

20190629_234438.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor