CUTLASS COWL HOOD IS FINISHED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
New hood skin was stamped yesterday and should have a T1 sample by months ending

Reactions: GP403
New hood will be here on Wednesday, and I have offered this one up for sale. Nothing wrong with it, just cannot have two!!!!

I hope you're planning on showing us plenty of detailed pics when you receive the new hood!

New hood will be here on Wednesday, and I have offered this one up for sale. Nothing wrong with it, just cannot have two!!!!
How much, I am very interested.
PM sent.

Last edited:
guys its cold cold cold. I did receive the hood thurs, and when it warms a bit to where I can get the metal temperature in my garage to 70* ill be painting and installing it. If I tried to heat my garage now, it would cost an arm and a leg. As for the other hood, it was sold today.

I am curious how many hoods is a production run for aftermarket products such as these. It seems like all the reproduction body panels come from Taiwan. How many different stamping plants are located there? They must have warehouses full of dies for all the stuff we consume.

Next question: what is the best prep/paint over the black on the back/inside/underside of these kinds of panels?

I am curious how many hoods is a production run for aftermarket products such as these. It seems like all the reproduction body panels come from Taiwan. How many different stamping plants are located there? They must have warehouses full of dies for all the stuff we consume.

Next question: what is the best prep/paint over the black on the back/inside/underside of these kinds of panels?
We use a red scotchbrite pad to scuff new e-coat. We use all Standox products, they have a primer called Nonstop that doesn't require prep, the bare metal gets an acid etch sealer that requires a scuff.

I'd really like to see one of these cowl hoods in detail painted or not.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor