Cutlass Drag Car 85 442

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
I did win a round with a.007 red against a.022 red light so, yes they were running the worst red light rule. I have to laugh that I was being chased by low 10 second cars that day and beating them. The car was super consistent and I was cutting decent lights. Looking forward to the nostalgia/ geezer races in 2022
There is a little advantage to having a slow car against very fast cars. They have a hard time judging a slow car with a 40 mph difference at the stripe. They come on so quick that by the time they can make a decision they can't slow the car down enough and can break out. Funny how it is, I was going 145-150 and being chased by 175mph cars having the same result. I dialed low against a dragster and just ran it flat out and made him chase me to the end. Any other time, I would dial .02 slow and that way if it spun a little or something happened I had a cushion to back in to. You'll get to learn the tricks and play the game.

Reactions: 2 users

Cruiser Cutty

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 11, 2019
east coast
There is a little advantage to having a slow car against very fast cars. They have a hard time judging a slow car with a 40 mph difference at the stripe. They come on so quick that by the time they can make a decision they can't slow the car down enough and can break out. Funny how it is, I was going 145-150 and being chased by 175mph cars having the same result. I dialed low against a dragster and just ran it flat out and made him chase me to the end. Any other time, I would dial .02 slow and that way if it spun a little or something happened I had a cushion to back in to. You'll get to learn the tricks and play the game.
Hiya, Having bracket raced points for eight years I can attest to holding 1 or 2 numbers most of the time except when running a very fast car. Also abused a 7.5" with 1.53-1.58 60 foots:blam:

Reactions: 1 users

John Wm. Zick

Drag Racer Forever !!!
Supporting Member
Jun 10, 2021
Winter Haven, Florida
I did win a round with a.007 red against a.022 red light so, yes they were running the worst red light rule. I have to laugh that I was being chased by low 10 second cars that day and beating them. The car was super consistent and I was cutting decent lights. Looking forward to the nostalgia/ geezer races in 2022
Keep it up Kratos ........... Remember, if you can make a left turn yer not goin' fast enough!!! JZ

Cruiser Cutty

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 11, 2019
east coast
Hiya, Having bracket raced points for eight years I can attest to holding 1 or 2 numbers most of the time except when running a very fast car. Also abused a 7.5" with 1.53-1.58 60 foots:blam:
Also, would've REALLY loved to have the worst redlight rule back when I was racing. Lost my first ever finals with a .001 red to his .003 red. :mad:

• Wow

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
Also, would've REALLY loved to have the worst redlight rule back when I was racing. Lost my first ever finals with a .001 red to his .003 red. :mad:
Yeah I would’ve liked to try that too. I was usually the slower car in Super Et so I always had the first chance to red light. 8.80’s was the slower car!!!

Cruiser Cutty

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 11, 2019
east coast
Yeah I would’ve liked to try that too. I was usually the slower car in Super Et so I always had the first chance to red light. 8.80’s was the slower car!!!
I was almost always the slower/first opportunity to red as well. 7.70's in the summer and 7.60's in good air. 1/8mi

Reactions: 1 user

Cruiser Cutty

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 11, 2019
east coast
Mr. Kratos sir, do you know if your class/rules allow for a stripe taker? I struggled for too long with the long nose/overhang breaking me out upon left foot last minute "adjustments"

Kratos

Greasemonkey
Nov 7, 2017
Central Pa
Cruiser Cutty. I really don’t know about the rules in question. I have been running a trophy class and only once or twice tried some “event “ racing.
Bracket Chev: I usually get chased. The trick is to trust your car if you’re faster, or lift when you’re ahead. Won and lost both ways. Now I got the addiction and I am going to race as long as I got two nickels to rub together. Hopefully I can dial in the new car quickly this season and make the improvements to shave a little et and focus my rt to stay under.100, closer to under.050. Going to run a points class this year Street or something like that for a No box car

Cruiser Cutty

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 11, 2019
east coast
Mr. Kratos sir, do you know if your class/rules allow for a stripe taker? I struggled for too long with the long nose/overhang breaking me out upon left foot last minute "adjustments"

Cruiser Cutty. I really don’t know about the rules in question. I have been running a trophy class and only once or twice tried some “event “ racing.
Bracket Chev: I usually get chased. The trick is to trust your car if you’re faster, or lift when you’re ahead. Won and lost both ways. Now I got the addiction and I am going to race as long as I got two nickels to rub together. Hopefully I can dial in the new car quickly this season and make the improvements to shave a little et and focus my rt to stay under.100, closer to under.050. Going to run a points class this year Street or something like that for a No box car

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

Cruiser Cutty

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 11, 2019
east coast
Ran points, no box fer 8 years. Gotsta be consistant in every aspect/phase....starting with yer 60 foot. MUST be able to hook in a carwash is the key to repeating the ET's. Constant practice on seeing the tree/hitting it the same.

ALWAYS be able to learn from mistakes as there are an endless number of ways to lose.

• Agree
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor