Cutlass front spoiler options

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I think people are confusing the radiator air dam with a front spoiler which is what the OP is looking for.
1597626687663.png

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Are any of these functional in any way? I see the ones that direct air to the radiator that serves a purpose obviously. But as far as a "spoiler" goes, are they just for looks, or do they actually create any down force at highway speed? I'm surprised my el camino feels relatively planted on the highway (I have a theory that the low pressure air pocket in the bed may act as an upside down wing to a certain extent, but I'm not an engineer by any means) but my old Regal felt like it wanted to lift off at about 80 and really could have used some down force.

Reactions: 1 user

nickonometry

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 9, 2019
I think people are confusing the radiator air dam with a front spoiler which is what the OP is looking for.
View attachment 154762

Agreed! You're definitely right. I am looking for a front spoiler that essentially extends the front bumper, it has no purpose other than aesthetic. The air dam is not what I'm referring to.

That front chin spoiler is exactly what I am looking for (off the olds hurst), I know they were made aftermarket for a while but that company went under. I'm hoping to try and modify the buick chin spoiler or even the monte carlo SS chin spoiler to fit my 87 cutlass Euro front end

Reactions: 3 users

403Olds

G-Body Guru
May 31, 2014
South Central Ohio
Some type of chin spoiler or splitter would help to keep air out from under the car. Have seen some who have gained .1 in the quarter on other Grand nationals with the tall front spoiler. I would guess that a little better mileage also, not that most are worried about that. I think it would help with the aestetics, kind of like adding the monte spoiler on the trunk of a Cutlass.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor