Cutlass header panel bolts/stud removal help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldsdank81

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 28, 2016
Baltimore, Maryland
Swapping panels for a better condition one of the same year. The newer panel is missing a few of the mounting studs. Is the a way to remove them without damage to mount on my new panel?

Thanks for any input

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 411

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
The studs screw into the header panel. Use a couple of nuts to prevent damage to the threads when trying to remove the stud.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Oldsdank81

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 28, 2016
Baltimore, Maryland
I appreciate the reply. Worked like a charm, just had to put a little muscle on it.

The stud pictured is for the top two mounting points. Is it something I could find in auto parts or hardware store?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    873.9 KB · Views: 284

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I appreciate the reply. Worked like a charm, just had to put a little muscle on it.

The stud pictured is for the top two mounting points. Is it something I could find in auto parts or hardware store?
Unfortunately, i don't believe so. There is a slight possibility auveco might have something like them, or scavenging for a cutlass in the junkyard would be an idea.

wonderboy24

Royal Smart Person
Jul 10, 2012
Davenport, Iowa
i went to my local hardware store and got bolts with the same thread pattern for my cutlass. just take it with you so they can match it up.

Reactions: 1 user

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
Just curious....what kinda condition is the old header in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor