Cutlass Hood VFN

Status
Not open for further replies.

85Gutlass

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 22, 2018
New Jersey
Has anybody here ordered anything from VFN, specifically this hood? What's their quality like, etc. Any photos of anybody using one? Currently have clearance issues with any decent sized air cleaner on my 4.5" cowl hood, don't know the brand its kind of flimsy. This one here says its 6" so I'm hoping it'll solve that issue.

Last edited:

buzz77

Master Mechanic
Jun 11, 2013
I have a VFN bolt on hood with no scoop. Fit pretty good. But it's not like I have experience with other glass hoods to compare quality. Here is a pic, havent premiered it still in gelcoat.

Attachments

• 20170826_101629.jpg
    20170826_101629.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 313
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I have been considering a 6" Sunoco hood for my Monte for added clearance but I want a bolt on hood and the only place that I found that will custom make it for me is Glasstek.

bob64

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2017
Niagara Falls, Canada
Search VFN on this forum. I know there is atleast 1 posting with pics.

Are you looking at pin on or bolt? As for the bolt on there well made, clean an good edges. Fit very well on my 86 olds, nice an square. Mine was a 442 hood, holes cut clean an straight

Reactions: 2 users

85Gutlass

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 22, 2018
New Jersey
Search VFN on this forum. I know there is atleast 1 posting with pics.

Are you looking at pin on or bolt? As for the bolt on there well made, clean an good edges. Fit very well on my 86 olds, nice an square. Mine was a 442 hood, holes cut clean an straight

Looking for a pin on hood. I have the hood off the car alot. I dont like working underneath the hood, I got my hand stuck one time had to bend the hood on my chevelle because I couldn't reach the latch. I've seen other products from VFN on this site but I was looking for this hood specifically.

I have a VFN bolt on hood with no scoop. Fit pretty good. But it's not like I have experience with other glass hoods to compare quality. Here is a pic, havent premiered it still in gelcoat.

It looks good. I've heard both good and bad things from this company. I'm just trying to do my research.

I have been considering a 6" Sunoco hood for my Monte for added clearance but I want a bolt on hood and the only place that I found that will custom make it for me is Glasstek.

I've had glasstek hoods before and they are really nice. Had a 4" cowl for my trans am fit perfectly. I just dont see what I need on their site. I figured I'd try these guys out instead of going the custom route because i cant find it on their online catalog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor