Cutlass to El camino

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
bill said:
As I see it, 1800 gets you a low milage elco with minimal work left. Or it gets u a rather low grade paint job. I say, buy the car and either sell the olds or keep it and build it later. Not that I find an elco more appealling than a cutlass, but from a purely economical standpoint, in my opinion, it makes more sense to buy it.

Sorry, but take another look at the pictures. That thing is a sh*t box.
There is no way in hell that car only has 15K miles... More like 115K. It could even be 215K. Who knows?
The dash is baked and cracked, and the front seat is missing...
If the mileage was really that low, don't you think it would've drumed up more than "little interest" when listed for $1800?

There is no "california edition".
It looks pretty solid for north of the border... and with the MPH speedo, I would assume that it just came from California.

Looks like it just rolled off the assembly line! :lol:
25693mk_20.jpeg

Blazenlotus

G-Body Guru
Mar 4, 2010
Stockton, MO
I think you should keep the cutlass. I have 3 projects and it sucks. All the money I have tied up between the 3 of them I could have one really nice one. You should just finish the cutlass then later look for an El Camino. But its all up to you.

Justink

Greasemonkey
Nov 28, 2010
I know it's not 15xxx original, it could be 515,000. Elco's are rare around here where as cutlass' are all over. I would like something I can drive for this summer and I don't have the time or money to paint the cutlass. What I was going to do is swap the cutlass powertrain over as it was rebuilt and warmed over, and continue to do bodywork on the Cutlass this winter.
I would much rather tackle a motor swap/ interior work then body work as I don't have the patience for bodywork (only 16 what can I say :oops: ) I have 2 race buckets that came with the cutlass I can swap in so I just saw that as a negotiation point. If per say I can get him down to under $1000 then I would definately consider it. I recieved more pictures and the body is in really good shape (On my hotmail don't have the time to upload tonight.)

RockSS

Master Mechanic
Oct 24, 2010
Enfield Ct
If you want a summer cruser then why are you so wanting to pick up this elky and yank the engine ? If thats the case then you are lookin to buy a shell. I dont know how far this guy is from you but I would take a ride and really check it out ... pics don't tell you how the rest of the car is .... acually you cant even test drive it , how do you know the suspension it any good or ball joints tie rods? If you want a cruzer just knuckle down and start finishing that cutlass....you know everything that needs and $1800 dollars goes quite a ways towards a car you already own. :D

silent_orchestra

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2009
Omaha, NE
that thing looks like it'd take a lot of time an money to make a "summer cruiser"....

I'd pass.. why can't you cruise your cutlass without a paint job?

Justink

Greasemonkey
Nov 28, 2010
silent_orchestra said:
that thing looks like it'd take a lot of time an money to make a "summer cruiser"....

I'd pass.. why can't you cruise your cutlass without a paint job?

I would cruise with it like it is, but there's bare metal sticking out in places, P.O. got drunk and spray painted it (Have about half of it off) and theres bondo showing. to be honest it looks like sh*t, but the body is straight. And I think I would definatly get profiled by the cops in that car.

Justink

Greasemonkey
Nov 28, 2010
Found a guy willing to do body work in trade for one of my old trucks so Cutlass it is. 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor