Cutlass to El camino

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justink

Greasemonkey
Nov 28, 2010
So the way it`s looking I can either afford to paint my Cutlass or buy this El Camino: http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicle ... Z262839205.
I am undecided. If i where to buy the Elco my motor and transmission would be coming out of the cutlass as they are slightly built.
A couple quiestions:
1 How much would I have to modify the exhaust system off my cutlass to work on the elco?
2 Would the crossmember off my cutlass fit the elco?
3 it says it needs a seat, I have racing seats mounted to the cutlass floor brackets what are the chances these would fit?
Thanks
Justin

Dragonist

Master Mechanic
Dec 3, 2010
Dallas, Tx
its really up to you...seems like you want a El camino...so its all up to you bud...

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Blake442 said:
Paint your Cutlass... That El Camino looks like a piece of sh*t.
X2! That el camino looks like a step backwards IMO.

trog

Greasemonkey
Jun 16, 2009
tampa, florida
Justink said:
So the way it`s looking I can either afford to paint my Cutlass or buy this El Camino: http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicle ... Z262839205.
I am undecided. If i where to buy the Elco my motor and transmission would be coming out of the cutlass as they are slightly built.
A couple quiestions:
1 How much would I have to modify the exhaust system off my cutlass to work on the elco?
2 Would the crossmember off my cutlass fit the elco?
3 it says it needs a seat, I have racing seats mounted to the cutlass floor brackets what are the chances these would fit?
Thanks
Justin
1: elco is longer-gonna have to extend tailpipes
2: yes
3:50/50

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
As I see it, 1800 gets you a low milage elco with minimal work left. Or it gets u a rather low grade paint job. I say, buy the car and either sell the olds or keep it and build it later. Not that I find an elco more appealling than a cutlass, but from a purely economical standpoint, in my opinion, it makes more sense to buy it.

Justink

Greasemonkey
Nov 28, 2010
Well I'm leaning towards the Elco. It has been on kijiji for about 2 months and little interest. I phoned him today and he just wants it gone. I'm gunna offer him $900 as from around Alberta the price is pretty good. I will be keeping the cutlass as I would like to finish at a later date as the body isn't to bad.
Trog: How much will I have to extend the tailpipes?
And it's a california edition what does that mean exactly?

canadiantbone

Apprentice
Feb 20, 2011
British Columbia
Justink said:
Well I'm leaning towards the Elco. It has been on kijiji for about 2 months and little interest. I phoned him today and he just wants it gone. I'm gunna offer him $900 as from around Alberta the price is pretty good. I will be keeping the cutlass as I would like to finish at a later date as the body isn't to bad.
Trog: How much will I have to extend the tailpipes?
And it's a california edition what does that mean exactly?

about 9"

Justink

Greasemonkey
Nov 28, 2010
Would the routing be the same? I have no problem extending it but the exhaust setup is only 5 months old and I would like to reuse as much as I can. (At $700 a shot for an exhaust system I'm kinda cheap :oops: )
Also is it possible to order new tailgates/tailgate skins as that is about the only rusty spot on the whole car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor