daily driver thread.... What are you driving?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
Don't feel too bad my jeep only gets 16mpg :rofl: . Worst part is my bu gets in the 20's on a roadtrip :blam: .

83cutlassowner

Greasemonkey
Oct 4, 2009
yankton,sd
bump

marcar1993

G-Body Guru
Aug 31, 2007
New Jersey
For my winter and bad weather daily I drive my grandma's old 91 acclaim. Bought it new, got 67k on it and all it's ever needed other than scheduled maintenance was tires and an exhaust. The paint peeled off like many do, so I did a 2 day quickee 2 tone paint job. Not bad for free, and it has gotten 43 mpg at 70-75 mph down the parkway, and I get mid-high 20's in town.

100_3920-1.jpg

In the summer if it isn't raining I drive the cutlass daily, and the wagon comes out on occasion too, but that one really hurts for daily use.
The wagon has gotten me a best of 12mpg highway. In town I average 3-4mpg :blam:

BrownGP83

Master Mechanic
Oct 9, 2008
Chamberlain,South Dakota
I split my time between a 1979 Dodge, a 1984 Dodge, and a 1998 Dodge, all 1/2 ton 4X4s, depending on what i happen to be doing that moment. The 79 is a farm truck and it shows! The 84 is is a nice older truck in really good shape that is treated more like a toy, with the lift and agressive tires. The 98 is my good one that gets used on longer trips

Camshaft

Master Mechanic
May 27, 2009
Cleveland, Ohio
Marcar, I love that Acclaim...my parents had a powder blue one just like it when I was a kid. I cried when they traded it in.

king-david

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 6, 2009
I have an 06 Trailblazer SS AWD. Not really my everyday.. but I drive it 2-3 times a week.

Being that bad father that I am... I just realized I have no online pics of the TBSS.

Also have an 06 Charger.

2qbeopg.jpg

Bad picture... but what can I say.. I'm a bad parent!!!

And here's my other project... almost done...

aubhh1.jpg

I'm a fan of big wheels I know... not everybody's cup of tea...

83cutlassowner

Greasemonkey
Oct 4, 2009
yankton,sd
king-david said:
I have an 06 Trailblazer SS AWD. Not really my everyday.. but I drive it 2-3 times a week.

Being that bad father that I am... I just realized I have no online pics of the TBSS.

Also have an 06 Charger.

2qbeopg.jpg

Bad picture... but what can I say.. I'm a bad parent!!!

And here's my other project... almost done...

aubhh1.jpg

I'm a fan of big wheels I know... not everybody's cup of tea...
my buddy has a black 300c. its a pretty fun car to ride in. lol he wont let me drive, damn *******. but goin 20 or so and having the car get squirely at wot is pretty funny. it did pretty good burnouts till the clutches went bad in the rear haha

ERIC87442

G-Body Guru
Jul 18, 2009
Monroe, Wisconsin
This is my daily driver its a 2002 chevy 1500. I bought it in 06 it was stock with 52000 miles on it and now it has 130000 on it and i added a "moon visor" nerf bars, bed rug, a truxedo bed cover, stock chevy mud flaps (haha i liked them) a 6inch skyjacker lift 33inch tires 16x8inch rims (did have 35s with 16x10inch rims but they rubbed), a volant cold air intake, and dual exhaust. i put a new rear end in at about 80000 and i also put a new trans in it at 100000 miles and for some reason it took me 10 hours striaght to do it... i dont know why haha i had it on a lift and a really nice trans jack seems like it shouldnt have took so long. I drive it year round I average about 13mpg. In the summer I switch between that and my 442
mytruck3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor