Dakota Digital VHX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Call Her Bu

Greasemonkey
Dec 2, 2012
Arlington, TX
What’s up GBF, can anyone help me out with wiring the DD VHX gauges in a 1978 Malibu 305/350 all OG with the Rally gauges. I’ve never wired anything electrical before so I’m stuck at the moment. I’ve wired most of it up but when I turn the key to accessory, the gauges don’t light up. I have to turn the key forward for them to turn on.

Second, I’ve wired the toggle switch that comes with the kit and I can’t seem to shuffle and set calibrations to the fuel sending unit, etc. That’s about as far as I’ve got so far.

Attachments

• 8D498E0E-B110-46AE-8F19-729B5D723CF0.jpeg
    8D498E0E-B110-46AE-8F19-729B5D723CF0.jpeg
    881.6 KB · Views: 78
Reactions: 1 user

Maverick's_Monte

Greasemonkey
Sep 15, 2011
Rhode Island
I wish I could be of some sort of help. I clicked the thread because I have considered a Dakota Digital setup for my car. Good luck, I'm sure someone on here has installed one of these before and can get you on the right path to completing the install.

Call Her Bu

Greasemonkey
Dec 2, 2012
Arlington, TX
I wish I could be of some sort of help. I clicked the thread because I have considered a Dakota Digital setup for my car. Good luck, I'm sure someone on here has installed one of these before and can get you on the right path to completing the install.
I have a set for sale for Malibu, Elco, Monte Carlo Rally gauges

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
Accessory position is counter clock wise. First position clock wise unlocks the steering wheel. Second position is on.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Good luck, I have had mine for a few years and have still never seemed to get them wired up right
20180702_112535.jpg

• Wow

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
I wish I could remember, I installed a set in my SS back in 2014/2015, hard to believe it was that long ago already. I remember the instructions seemed to cover most things well and I don't think there were many issues to get them installed and working correctly. The issues I do recall are the gear indicator module add on that I bought, they didn't cover the 200-4r, only the 3 speed transmissions and maybe 700r4, I had to contact someone directly at Dakota who did the swap on his own El Camino with the 200-4r and he sent me pics. Also the cruise control function was tricky, I had mine working but it doesn't show up on their display. Someone on montecarloss.com did figure out a way for it to work using a relay, I've meant to dig in to that but it's a low priority/backburner thing.

Call Her Bu

Greasemonkey
Dec 2, 2012
Arlington, TX
I wish I could remember, I installed a set in my SS back in 2014/2015, hard to believe it was that long ago already. I remember the instructions seemed to cover most things well and I don't think there were many issues to get them installed and working correctly. The issues I do recall are the gear indicator module add on that I bought, they didn't cover the 200-4r, only the 3 speed transmissions and maybe 700r4, I had to contact someone directly at Dakota who did the swap on his own El Camino with the 200-4r and he sent me pics. Also the cruise control function was tricky, I had mine working but it doesn't show up on their display. Someone on montecarloss.com did figure out a way for it to work using a relay, I've meant to dig in to that but it's a low priority/backburner thing.
Ok thanks. Yeah I might just have to call up there and get some more detailed info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor