Damaged dash...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Something I wanted to share with you all. When you have a damaged dash, don't look at it as damaged. Look at it as an opportunity to mount something from the aftermarket. For example, you have a crack on the top center of your dash. Well there's a good place to put a radar detector. In a lot of cases you can cover up the damage with something useful. Like electronics, gauges, switches, etc. And since it's a damaged dash to begin with, you don't have to feel guilty about 'hacking' up a good dash.

I just want to put some speakers and a radio in the gaping holes in my dash. :friday:

There is a product called "thin ice" or something like that, and others out there that are for fixing damaged urethane bumpers. It's a 2-part flexible body putty and it works great on dashes. Cheap vinyl repair kits come with sheets of vinyl texture that you use to match the dash's texture. With a little careful sanding, some SEM paint, and some patience, you can make a very nice repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor