Damn punks

Status
Not open for further replies.

rebelgtp

Master Mechanic
Mar 5, 2009
La Grande OR
So I'm sitting here studying for finals and I hear this unholy racket out side. There are two punks ripping up and down the street on dirt bikes (open mufflers) popping wheelies and crap going way way to fast for a street that has so many kids on it.

Funny thing is they see me come out my front door and they take off. I didn't even have a baseball bat or anything just lil ol' me, all 6'2" of me.

I couldn't help but think of the scene in Mad Max where he shoots one of the bikers off his bike with his shotgun. I'm in a bad mood tonight.

I have a few *ssh*les like that in my neighborhood, 3pm and doing about 80 on a residential street. I always want to roll a ball out in the street just as they are coming and make them crash. F'n bikers...

See and I'm not anti biker by any means, I have several motorcycles myself including a couple of Harley race bikes from the '60s that I'm rebuilding. I am however anti asshat punks ripping around my neighborhood making a butt load of noise and endangering the lives of the little kids that live on my street.

Man ... That's my kind of neighborhood.

I'd rather hear dirt bikes going all around (like my neighbors did in SC when I was going through college) than have neighbors that pumped bass through their rice mobils at like 3 in the morning (which I had in Vegas).

8)

we get that all the time... kids that live up the road..

I don't mind.. we used to do it when we were young... better they stick to engines and mechanics then drugs..

crappycutlass said:
we get that all the time... kids that live up the road..

I don't mind.. we used to do it when we were young... better they stick to engines and mechanics then drugs..

I dont mind if people do it in certain situations.

On residential streets, I think it is pretty dumb. There might not be anyone outside, but what if you make a little mistake and your bike/car goes flying straight at someones house? That could be pretty bad.

I think highways can be a little safer when there is no other cars on the road with you. At least you have guard rails, walls, etc. to keep you from going into oncoming traffic or onto peoples property if you wreck.

I have been noticing a bunch of bikers that were practicing wheelies and other stunts on an industrial parkway on Sundays when all of the businesses are closed and people rarely drive down the street. When a car comes, they get out of the way and wait for the car to pass. Those type people I can have some respect for. They are not involving innocent people in their dangerous stunts by using a street that is not used that much and no one lives there.

From a kid who never got to enjoy minibikes I think you should be allowed to use them on residential streets under certain conditions. I never got to really use my bikes because I had arsehole neighbors who'd call the cops on me for doing 20mph around the block going for a cruise. I think that's f-ed up. I can understand concern if I were being stupid and doing stunts but some people go overboard.

marcar1993 said:
From a kid who never got to enjoy minibikes I think you should be allowed to use them on residential streets under certain conditions. I never got to really use my bikes because I had arsehole neighbors who'd call the cops on me for doing 20mph around the block going for a cruise. I think that's f-ed up. I can understand concern if I were being stupid and doing stunts but some people go overboard.

uh we are not talking about little kids on mini bikes. I'm talking about kids in their late teens on full size 250cc dirt bikes there is a big difference :roll:

Also I live in an area where you can travel less then 5 miles and have dozens of miles of trails and even more open areas away from the town to ride dirt bikes.

rebelgtp said:
There are two punks ripping up and down the street on dirt bikes (open mufflers) popping wheelies and crap going way way to fast for a street that has so many kids on it.

God I miss those days!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor