Dash cap install how-to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I'm sure it could be done by loosening the dash almost as if you were going to remove it. I think you could do a better, more thorough job by removing the dash. You can then apply clamps around the entire perimeter of the dash.

the ghoul

Master Mechanic
Dec 18, 2012
Sorry all, I forgot to add this to my subscribe list.
MadMax87 said:
Might be a dumb question, but is it necessary to remove the dash to put a cap on it? If so, I may just look for a replacement dash.
No dumb questions here my man, we are all hear to learn.
To fit and install the cap you will need to remove the cluster (including the housing) radio/HVAC face plate, ashtray, under column panel, ebrake pull, glove box and vents. You can work around the steering column but trying to place the cap with adhesive applied to it will be difficult not to screw up...
IMO, once you have it ripped apart that far its only what? 4 screws and 3-4 bolts to remove the whole dash?!
Well worth the time to me, also makes it a lot easier to clamp down all the edges...

Speaking of clamps..
(Liquidh8) those little spring clamps were bought at the local home improvement joint for $.32 each and I have since found at least a thousand uses for them... well worth the money!

Reactions: 1 user

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
the ghoul said:
Speaking of clamps..(Liquidh8) those little spring clamps were bought at the local home improvement joint for $.32 each and I have since found at least a thousand uses for them... well worth the money!

I'll have to look for some to add to my clamp collection, :D , you can never have too many clamps!

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor