Dash change out

Status
Not open for further replies.

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
Does anyone know if a 1979 Malibu dash fits a 1982 wagon
I was told just last week that in general, all Gbody cabins are basically the same and very interchangeable. See the conversations under Resto-mod interchangeability:how swap happy can I get? A lot of great answers there. The answers that I appreciated the most were the reminders to get all of the ducting and the electrical harness all the way to the firewall plug.

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
As mentioned it will fit...78-80 dash has slightly different appearance than the 81 and up.

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
Yesterday I wrote about the answers to a question about interchangeability. If you want to find it easily, search the new users threads.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Found a perfect dashboard in a FWD '88 Cutlass Ciera. Will an '88 dash swap into a '78 gbody?

Totally different platform. That said, I have seen video of a Ford Fusion digital dash assembly in a G body, so with enough mods/butchery, anything is likely possible.

• Indifferent
Reactions: 1 users

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
Totally different platform. That said, I have seen video of a Ford Fusion digital dash assembly in a G body, so with enough mods/butchery, anything is likely possible.
OK, thanks. There is also an '86, but being a Cutlass, I was hoping it was still a gbody.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Was the '86 a RWD or a Ciera?

The thing about GM is if they have a nameplate that sells well, they'll put it on everything. Think FOUR DOOR SS chevys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor