Dash Plaque removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

87REGALPRO

Greasemonkey
Mar 29, 2010
How do you remove this? I have seen them on and I have seen them off. I cannot remove mine and I could not remove one off the junk yard with out alot of force. Do I have to remove the whole dash? also does the "regal" lettering light up? I will get that body manual soon. Then no more questions just helping others. :p

87REGALPRO

Greasemonkey
Mar 29, 2010
The plaque on the junk yard regal I was trying to remove had the sticker torn away. Behind it looked like a type of toy flash light. If you see the exploded view on http://www.gmpartsgiant.com under 87 regal (any gbody regal) it looks like there is some wiring hanging from the part. :?:

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
I thought that thing was made into the dash

mbartell

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 30, 2007
Eugene, Oregon
There are 4 plastic studs on the back of the plaque. You have to open the glove box, push the spring on the side to open it all the way and you can almost get at the nuts that hold it on. They are the same pressed steel nuts that are on the side panels that hold that trim on, but they usually aren't upside down like in the door panels.

87REGALPRO

Greasemonkey
Mar 29, 2010
mbartell said:
There are 4 plastic studs on the back of the plaque. You have to open the glove box, push the spring on the side to open it all the way and you can almost get at the nuts that hold it on. They are the same pressed steel nuts that are on the side panels that hold that trim on, but they usually aren't upside down like in the door panels.
Oh ok thanks I guess I'll have to take a peek at that. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor