dash removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 11, 2007
i am about to remove the dash in my 82 regal and would like to know how difficult and tools needed? thanks for the help!!!

jerrycad472

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2006
Detroit, MI
No special tools needed. I have only removed a Monte Carlo Dash but it should be pretty similiar. A large socket (maybe 15mm - 17mm) to drop the Steering Column Down. Some phillips screw drivers and some small sockets 9/32 etc. I would have a pen and some tape on hand to label the wiring so you know where it goes.

There are likely 2 screws up at the windshield, and some more (5 - 8)along the bottom of the dash. You may find it easier to remove the radio, heat controls and instruments first.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
There will also be 3 10mm bolts at the bottom of the dash, one in each corner and one in the middle under the radio. You will also need to disconnect the E-brake handle's cable from the e-brake assembly, unplug the wiring harness in a number of places(It is bolted to the back of the dash and is installed with the dash from the factory then connected to the rest of the harness), disconnect the speedometer cable from the back of the speedo, remove the bolts that are under the speaker grilles (if any), disconnect the heater controls and their wiring/cables/vacuum harness, unplug all of the stuff on the steering column( ignition switch, turn signal switch, neutral safety switch, cruise control). You may wish to label with masking tape the connectors that go together with corresponding numbers so that you can distinguish what goes where. There are several sub harnesses that connect under the dash and it is important that they all go back to the right place ( exception being the bus box that uses interchangeable slots for a given type of circuit). That's all I can think of for now, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor