Interior time! Dash removal.

lucky 1985

Apprentice
May 5, 2016
1985 El Camino Conquista. I have begun my interior refurbishment by removing carpet, door panels, and most of the plastic garnish moldings. Next is the dash, since I will be getting all new custom wiring, a Dakota Digital cluster, LED instrument lamps and interior lighting, and a new dash cover.
How do I start the dash removal process? I looked for a thread about this but did not find anything.
Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• IMG_6285.jpg
    IMG_6285.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 72
Reactions: 1 user

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
One of these days I will hopefully swap out my dash, waiting on a running car first haha

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Be careful when you get to the part about removing the cables or air lines from the HVAC controls. All the clips and brackets are plastic and highly prone to break or snap if mishandled. The years of repetitive use and exposure to heat and vibration make them go brittle.

Nick

Reactions: 1 users

lucky 1985

Apprentice
May 5, 2016
Be careful when you get to the part about removing the cables or air lines from the HVAC controls. All the clips and brackets are plastic and highly prone to break or snap if mishandled. The years of repetitive use and exposure to heat and vibration make them go brittle.

Nick
Good advice. Thank you.

john87442

Master Mechanic
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2021
Geneva ohio
Lots of pictures!! Take as many as you can from different angles and at different points of the removal process. And label everything for reference. After a short time it’s easy to forget

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor