Dash wire

DPF 84 Hurst

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 2, 2020
Anyone know what this is.
I’m guessing it’s a ground for something specific
It is on the drivers side I’m buttoning up behind the dash and found it dangling
Thank you
IMG_0341.jpeg
IMG_0341.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0342.jpeg
    IMG_0342.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 48

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Looks like a fiber optic cable that goes to the light switch. Follow the cable back and you should find a gray pod you can take apart. Inside is a bulb that when the ignition is on, the bulb lights up so you can find the light switch in the dark. It's just a little blue dot on the light switch. It gets pushed into a clear clip on the back side of the light switch.

At least that's what it looks like to me. I could be wrong.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

DPF 84 Hurst

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 2, 2020
Looks like a fiber optic cable that goes to the light switch. Follow the cable back and you should find a gray pod you can take apart. Inside is a bulb that when the ignition is on, the bulb lights up so you can find the light switch in the dark. It's just a little blue dot on the light switch. It gets pushed into a clear clip on the back side of the light switch.

At least that's what it looks like to me. I could be wrong.
It does go to that pod… does the end I’m holding just plug into an empty spot on the plastic connector that the ligh switch plugs into? Thank you for your help. I just looked through all my books and cannot find that anywhere.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Yup. Snaps into the clip on the outboard side of the headlight switch. But many times that clear plastic part gets broke and that's why the end is hanging loose. Fingers crossed.

I don't think you'll find it anywhere in the books. At least I don't recall that.

DPF 84 Hurst

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 2, 2020
Yup. Snaps into the clip on the outboard side of the headlight switch. But many times that clear plastic part gets broke and that's why the end is hanging loose. Fingers crossed.

I don't think you'll find it anywhere in the books. At least I don't recall that.
Thank you very much!!!

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor