DBW vs DBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinosport

G-Body Guru
Jul 20, 2015
Ct
Good to know about the trans. I knew it was possible but didn't here that anyone actually did that.
Ill have to look into the voltage thing with the throttle body. The techs at my Chevy dealer didn't seem to think there would be any issue like that.
As for the harness to DBC the only way I'll be able to do that is if take the motor apart and make it a 24tooth reluctor or go with an aftermarket ECM. There is one option and that's the converter box. Some guys swear they haven't had issues and some had problems including getting stuck miles from home. I really don't feel like I want to mess with that.

Dinosport

G-Body Guru
Jul 20, 2015
Ct
I just happened across a 4l60e that's maybe going to be scrapped. I asked for it but they just have to ask the boss. If I get it for free I'll save it and down the road have it built. Unless I decide to stick shift. I'm actually tossed up about that. So I really just want to start with the 700r. I want to drive it for a while and see how I like it.
DBW is as good as its tuning. From factory they feel sluggish because there tuned to not let the tires spin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor