dead miss new single plane intake carb an ignition

Status
Not open for further replies.
well what...you seem to think you can get around physical calculations that have formulas that were devised by people I would think are alot smarter then yourself..if you want to run a larger cfm carburator than you need then go ahead but I don't understand why your using some carb that has vacuum secondaries.

:wtf: ok dude what should i use

Wow, wtf? The size of the carb will be fine as long as the jetting isn't too rich. At the same time you could put a 600 on there and jet the hell out of it and it will still be too rich. In this case the jetting is more important than the size.

bigbrute said:
I have a 1980 mont 355 convert to 4 speed. I recently put on a new professional products hurricane edelbrok 1407 750 an msd street fire hei dis in. I have a dead miss under a load on num 6 plug I can almost make go away
at idle. I pulled the #6 wire an put in a test plug to c if it was getting spark u could weld with the out put . I've re placed wires an plugs. The ignition is completely new. The plugs look. Like they never been used when I went back through an checked them. So I'm guessing its running lean but it smells like its running rich. I'm lost could really use the help

In my experience most modified engines with big cams smell too rich it's just the way it is. You can lean the idle circut til it dies and it will smell rich the whole time. Exhaust leaks tend to make an engine smell rich too.
The 750 carb you have is fine, but may need some tweaking to get it tuned in.
You say only the #6 cyl is missing? Well have you ran a compression test on the #6 cyl? That would be the best place to start, let us know what you find out

People who think a 750 is good for any performance engine are the same ones that think chrome valve covers make more power. :blam:

I've read that if you take a carb too big for the engine and you re-jet it so it's not running rich you could end up with a lean condition cause the volume of air remains the same and you can't balance it out...

Phoenyx said:
People who think a 750 is good for any performance engine are the same ones that think chrome valve covers make more power. :blam:
well i dont have chrome covers :rofl: but i do have a 750 cfm holley.... real hp comes from stickers :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Attachments

• 100_1634.JPG
    100_1634.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 964
hi the combos you put up where thay dyno pulls? Or was it in a car? I have not seen a dyno pull #s show up in a 1/4 run and a 600 or 650 is what he is going to need in my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor