fyi, link is not working
Lets give it another try...
1615133442115.png

Reactions: 3 users

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
i don't know if you can buy them new, but here is set on ebay.

and some spacers, if necessary.

Reactions: 1 user

Cuse99

Master Mechanic
Dec 21, 2020
I didn't mean to hijack the thread. But I'm glad I saw this before i did and damage to my car. So I'm guessing the spacers go inside the frame, since its not boxed, to keep the frame from crushing when I install the sway bar. I'm sure strong piece of pipe cut to the right size will do the same thing if I can't find these spacers. I'm surprised there is no aftermarket for them.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
The spacers go inside the open channel of the lower control arms, If you need something right away the easiest way is to get some thick wall tubing with an ID that works with the bolt size and cut 4 of them to fit inside the factory arms.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I'm surprised there is no aftermarket for them.
Most people that are buying aftermarket sway bars are probably also using aftermarket control arms and would have no need for spacers when running those.

Jim Rockford

Master Mechanic
Nov 10, 2007
Shelby,N.C.
yep, the thin metal of the control arms will fold up like a cheap suit soon as you start to tighten them down and the bar would never be firmly attached and wouldn't work like it is suppose to, you can just get some short sections of galvanized or black iron pipe from lowes cut to fit inside the arm to act as a sleeve. if you just need something until you can find the right spacers.

Cuse99

Master Mechanic
Dec 21, 2020
I found the spacers but the guy wants 70.00 on Craigslist, guy in Texas. . Just curious what new trailing arms cost to see if these are worth the money.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
  • Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor