Deciding on what to buy to build as a sleeper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boglog

Apprentice
Mar 19, 2020
WA
A sleeper in my opinion can have a hard cam rumble and exhaust noise and wheels and a cowl hood etc. just not a show car. Looking like a dog turd helps. What makes it a sleeper in my opinion is when it drives the streets often, it looks like 12s, but it really does 9s due to a power adder that can’t be seen while driving. Building a sleeper that only runs 12s or 13s is just asking for embarrassment from every kid with a mustang or camaro. Unless you can keep it ‘perfectly stock’ quiet. Ain’t gonna happen.

Again just my opinion.

I 2nd this... I’m not expecting this to be a popular opinion but any fool can throw a turd eBay turbo on a b18 (Honda) and potentially shred you from a roll. Along those lines bone stock 07 Subaru STI runs 13sec times. It’s a different world out there. If you want to build a car with a v8 and have it be quick I say own it!

Also best sleeper car is Toyota previa SC. Look into it, it’s one of the most unusual cars ever created. Build that baby up with big turbo for the top end and that would be a stunner🤩

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor