Deciding on what to buy to build as a sleeper

500/600

500/600

G-Body Guru
Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia
A sleeper in my opinion can have a hard cam rumble and exhaust noise and wheels and a cowl hood etc. just not a show car. Looking like a dog turd helps. What makes it a sleeper in my opinion is when it drives the streets often, it looks like 12s, but it really does 9s due to a power adder that can’t be seen while driving. Building a sleeper that only runs 12s or 13s is just asking for embarrassment from every kid with a mustang or camaro. Unless you can keep it ‘perfectly stock’ quiet. Ain’t gonna happen.

Again just my opinion.

R

Ratchet

Greasemonkey
Jan 10, 2018
Some good points are made by 500/600. Obviously, there’s a lot of different opinions on what constitutes a ‘sleeper’. I guess the real fun in having a ‘sleeper’ is doing the build and having something no one else has. That’s what hot rodding has been about since the beginning.

D

Doug Chahoy

Royal Smart Person
Nov 21, 2016
I had a similar buying experience. 13 years ago ihad been looking for a year for a nice 2 door Tahoe/Yukon . After looking at alot of junk, I go after work on a Saturday to look at a 99 over an hour away. Owned and only driven by a nice 40 something woman. It was NICE. So nice I wasn’t going to dicker the price. After a long test drive by my mechanic, I agreed to her price. To my amazement she DROPPED the price a good bit. Probably never happen again.

D

Doug Chahoy

Royal Smart Person
Nov 21, 2016
I had a similar buying experience. 13 years ago ihad been looking for a year for a nice 2 door Tahoe/Yukon . After looking at alot of junk, I go after work on a Saturday to look at a 99 over an hour away. Owned and only driven by a nice 40 something woman. It was NICE. So nice I wasn’t going to dicker the price. After a long test drive by my mechanic, I agreed to her price. To my amazement she DROPPED the price a good bit. Probably never happen again.
My phone or i screwed up, that post was meant to be in the buyer/ seller thread.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck ConsolesDixie Restoration DepotMike's MontesP-S-TSouthside Machine PerformanceUMI Performance

contact[email protected]for info on becoming a sponsor