Defogger wiring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
Can anyone tell me what color wires or what the harness looks like, that goes to the factory defog switch? I searched the forum and Googled but came up empty. If anyone can pull out your dash panel and take a quick look at the wires and such, any info you give me will be appreciated.

79loserbluebu

G-Body Guru
May 9, 2009
Illinois
I've got a couple Monte Carlo wiring harnesses, I'll be more than happy to snap a couple pics right now. Problem is, I don't really know if all G-body harnesses are the same wiring colors and pinouts.

On second thought, you do mean the rear defrost, correct?

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
Yes, I do mean the rear window defogger. Usually located beside the steering column, on the right side, on a little black panel. It's for a Grand Prix, but I'm assuming it's the same for most g-bodies. Thanks :D

79loserbluebu

G-Body Guru
May 9, 2009
Illinois
Sorry for the blury cellphone picture, it's the best I can do right now.

From left and going clockwise:
Black
Large space
Pink
Purple/White
Orange/Black
Gray

Attachments

• 0327101457-00.jpg
    0327101457-00.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 450

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
That's exactly what I needed bro! Thanks a bunch!

Since the whole car was built from the ground up, there's a lot of wiring and harnesses laying around and some in the dash that are not being used at all -- I have no clue what is what. So this will help me locate the defogger wiring and hook up a switch to it!!! :D

79loserbluebu

G-Body Guru
May 9, 2009
Illinois
454muscle said:
That's exactly what I needed bro! Thanks a bunch!

Since the whole car was built from the ground up, there's a lot of wiring and harnesses laying around and some in the dash that are not being used at all -- I have no clue what is what. So this will help me locate the defogger wiring and hook up a switch to it!!! :D

No problem 8) . I know how you feel. I bought a harness from an 87' Monte, and my dash was out of an 83' Monte. So I have harnesses everywhere, and since both cars came with different options, all the connectors were different haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor