Delta 88 Hood Release Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
Not sure if this belongs in this section.

But I cannot seem to find a hood release cable for my Oldsmobile Delta 88.

Would late 70's to mid 80's one on a Cutlass work? Thanks.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I have a hard time believing you can't find one ANYWHERE. GM p/n 1716424 and was used on Olds B bodies from 1977-1990. Cutlass is shorter. Be prepared to spend a couple bucks for a new GM one. But they're out there. In 1976, the A, B, and C bodies all used the same part number between the three, but something must've changed in 1977 as they separated with different part numbers. They listed for $22.50 about 30 years ago from GM (nearly $50 today if still available), so, they were still a tad spendy even back then.

Parts place has reproductions for about 70 bucks.

Reactions: 1 users

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
I have a hard time believing you can't find one ANYWHERE. GM p/n 1716424 and was used on Olds B bodies from 1977-1990. Cutlass is shorter. Be prepared to spend a couple bucks for a new GM one. But they're out there. In 1976, the A, B, and C bodies all used the same part number between the three, but something must've changed in 1977 as they separated with different part numbers. They listed for $22.50 about 30 years ago from GM (nearly $50 today if still available), so, they were still a tad spendy even back then.

Parts place has reproductions for about 70 bucks.

Ah ok, thats why, I could only find the late 80's Dorman product, I had no idea it went all the way back to 77.

Probably going with NOS on a car this nice. But I also do find it wild, to pay $200 for a cable 🤷‍♀️🤣🤣🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor