Dieting A Malibu

Status
Not open for further replies.

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
I prefer a DOT approved windshield unless you are going all out with a serious drag only car (8z and below).

They do help with structure as stated but if you are in the lexan/poly window zone chances are you have a rollbar or cage so that is not as much of an issue.

Check my spreadsheet for some ideas. I have managed to get 800# out of my piggy GP.

The first couple hundred #s come out easy,after that start looking for ozs.

Spread sheet has been updated, click on "sheet1"

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key= ... yTNdsrrgMg

J$Money

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 10, 2009
jxn, ms
shotgun said:
I prefer a DOT approved windshield unless you are going all out with a serious drag only car (8z and below).

They do help with structure as stated but if you are in the lexan/poly window zone chances are you have a rollbar or cage so that is not as much of an issue.

Check my spreadsheet for some ideas. I have managed to get 800# out of my piggy GP.

The first couple hundred #s come out easy,after that start looking for ozs.

Spread sheet has been updated, click on "sheet1"

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key= ... yTNdsrrgMg

gah you went all out w/ that thing, that some serious dieting, how does it handle everyday street driving being that lite

CHRIZ28

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 7, 2009
Pocahontas, AR
shotgun said:

Good lord, that's what I like to hear!! Lol. In the process of skinnying up my cutlass. Would like to keep the stock "pillow top" seats just for the funny factor for alittle while. My goal weight is 3K, hopefully I can hit that without the car looking gutted. But that's a serious little car you've got, I like it! 10 ohhs aren't an easy task, but single digits is where it at though ;) lol.

Chris

turbo78

Greasemonkey
Nov 1, 2009
billings, montana
bumpershocks, extra steel behind bumpers too. heater and a/c, all the jute, and sound dedener can go, take out your spare tire(haha) inner fenders, a set of aluminum wheels,cut out the crash bars in each front door, tube your core support,convert to manual brakes, fuel cell, self retracting seatbelt things are heavy too... you could get it down under 3000 easy with out driver. my dads 81 has all the og glass and windows roll up and down, runs 9.80's weighs 2890 with me in it. im 215

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor