Digital Dash - 4L60 & LS Swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

leefybeaver

Apprentice
Jul 23, 2012
Canada
I am just wondering if anyone has had any success adapting a new style 4L60 transmission to work with a digital speedometer in a Buick Regal. Mine specifically is an 84. Is there any way to adapt the VSS output on the "new" style transmission to work with any of the electronics that make the existing system and VSS module work on the Buick. I suppose if i were to dig up old electronics textbooks I could find something! Let me know if there is anything out there.

Thank you

I believe Dakota digital, autometer and classic instruments make a vss converter.

The older vss' are a 2k pulse per mile (ppm) I believe, can't remember. The newer vss' are significantly more.

I'll have to look around and see what I can dig up,my memory has been having some technical difficulties lately.

Last edited:
Also, you could change the tailgate to add gears like the old style to use a cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor