dipstick help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightluss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 28, 2010
i am having a lot of problems with my oil dipstick. i have a newer style block 5.7, centerbolt heads, 4 bolt main, 1 pience rear main seal, so i believe its a vortech block. i didnt know the the dipstick hole is different than the older style blocks, and i found out the hard way. i have a canton oil pan for a camaro on the motor, and it has all these crazy huge threaded holes in it. so besides running around to try and find plugs for them, i figured id get a dipstick specific to the pan, so i spent $30 bucks and ordered one. of course its wrong, the fitting arent correct so i dont know what to do now. im thinking just get plugs for the pan and find a dipstick for the block?? but what dipstick is specific to the newer blocks? where can i find one. and if i find a new fitting thats correct fot the pan, how does one go about plugging the hole in the block? also, the pan is a long style so most of my dipsticks i have lying around hit the bottom of the pan. not sure what to do, thanks for reading guys

chevyman454

Greasemonkey
May 20, 2010
Citrus springs . FL
theres a few thing you got to ask the makers of the pan. do you have a dipstik tube for it? does it fit my application
and a question for you which side is the dipstick tube from? driver or passenger
and if it where me id get a hold of the guys at moroso see if they have something that can work with your application

Lightluss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 28, 2010
well at this point i am just looking for a stockish dipstick that goes into the block but for the vortech block. where can i get that smaller dipstick

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor